Monday, June 20, 2011

Three, a birthday blessing

Three is so big,
So much bigger than two
And the world is so full
Of new things to do.

I wish you bubbles and markers
And a trip to the zoo,
Good books and a garden
And pretty new shoes.

I wish you sunshine
And nights of good sleep.
I wish you edamame
And other good stuff to eat.

I wish you music
And a big space to dance,
Kittens and patience
And life not left to chance.

I wish you the sweetness
You've had from the start.
I wish for Jesus
To be at home in your heart.

So many people love you--
Way more than you know--
But bigger than all that
Is how God loves you so.

He's always taken care of you,
And I trust Him to today.
I know He holds you in His hands
While you sing or sleep or play.

Oh yes, three is so big,
So much bigger than two,
And the world is so full
Of new things to do.

But God's love is biggest--
You already know.
He's already there
Wherever you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment